Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hospital

I hate to admit that I wish it were me going to the hospital to have a baby (which would be horrible at 32 weeks) but it wasn't me this time. Kate was really getting sick since Sunday. She was wheezing and breathing really fast with a fever. We called her doctor after hours and she said to take her into the ER just to be safe. Derrel and I debated for a few minutes who should go and I decided that I should take it for the team. He is in such a hard time at school right now, it wouldn't be good for him to get behind in his sleep. So at 12:30 in the morning, I went to the hospital with Kate. They gave her a breathing treatment and took a chest x-ray. She has acute bronchitis and the doctor said that it always could be a little of RSV but we didn't want to put an IV in her to do lab work. So we need a little rest and relaxation around here I guess. It just surprises me because the weather has been so nice. But it is all of a sudden really cold and wet. Well, she's doing a little better now. I'm sure she'll be just fine soon enough! She's a tough one and she likes to play with Lydia too much to be sick.

5 comments:

kira said...

poor kate and poor you!! Hopefully she will be feeling better soon. Hope you can catch up on your sleep debt soon.

Phillip and Mary said...

Let me know if I can help!

Abby said...

Glad they caught it! Happy healing.

Natalie N said...

Poor little thing. I hope she's feeling well soon. We have sick kids over here too, and I think it's the worst!

Hey, your blog says only 56 more days to go! YOU CAN DO IT!! I'm grateful you weren't the one in the hospital. Keep that little boy in there as long as you can :)

Oh, and the "shucking carn" comment below is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. That is so classic WV. LOVE IT! Thanks for brightening my day.

love you guys!

Diana said...

Having sick kids is so scary for me! Hope all is well soon! It was great to hear from you. I'll check back often (I'll be honest, that means daily! What can I say, I'm addicted.)

Love,
Diana